To love, to share. To learn from one another. To remind ourselves children are amazing gifts, beautiful amanah from Allah.

For every moment photographed, love is spread.

Alhamdulillah, for a chance waking up to beautiful little people, spoiling us with their big, big LOVE.

These are visual stories of our children. One week at a time. In shaa Allah.


Saturday 31 January 2015

week 5 | KITCHEN (25-31 Jan)

Min Mohd

It was a very hot day. You were busy playing with your toys when you heard a loud noise from the kitchen. What was that? Like a private detective, you hurriedly walked to where the noise came from. What was babah doing? He was busy knocking on a weird looking green ball. Feeling curious, you went closer to investigate. At the same time, babah was looking at you and smiling and carried you up to the counter top. You want a taste of coconut water Khaled? It's very sweet and refreshing. Without batting your eyelid, you opened up your mouth and sipped a little bit. Ermmmm...it tastes strange, not like mama's milk. Well, one sip is enough for me, thank you.






Doing dishes: Occasionally. FOC
Mopping the house: 5 riyals charge (you're a happy labour for that!)
Separating your clothes for laundry: 70% done most of the time
Watering plants: On Mommy's reminder all the time

And just whenever you shall ask me again; 
why do I keep asking you to help with the chores around the house?
 I will keep giving you the same answer, my dear:
"Am doing your future wife a very big favor."
*wink*











Ever since he watched that Dapur Bujang; a show on channel 111, his interest in cooking has become an obsession. He believed cooking is an easy and a very cool job to do like the host always do in the show. Many times too he voiced out about his ambition to be a chef one day (mind you this boy has too many ambitions depending on what is he doing at that time). I just nodded and smiled, showing my full encouragement in anything he desired to be. When he looks at me being too occupied in the kitchen, often he asked “Is there anything I can help, Mama?” Every time he request, I let him doing some simple tasks like cutting the vegetables, slicing onions, washing dishes; that kind of thing. Once in a while, when we are not in rushing mode especially on the weekends (this mama needs to learn to slow down sometimes), I allowed him to ‘play’ around in the kitchen and cook by his own – something he has enthusiastically waiting for every day! He made us banana roll for breakfast, once he baked us scones for tea and I can see his face beams with pride every time he served us the rice he cooked for dinner with his favorite omelette using his own recipe that he made for us with full of love.




      Izlin

My eldest loves joining me whenever she knows that I am in the kitchen. She will always wear the proper attire - complete with apron and chef hat. Occasionally, I let her break the eggs, mix the 'cekodok' batter, prep the chicken to be fried and some other tasks. Washing the dishes is definitely not our forte.

In my previous (instagram) post, I mentioned how she collects money so that she could buy me a truck - to be converted into a food truck. Why?

We watched the movie 'Chef' together some time before. In the movie, the father bought a truck and converted it into a food truck and brought his son together in his culinary adventure.

Well, my dear Hope wants to buy a truck for ibu; so that we can convert it into a food truck.

"You love cooking, right ibu?"






Honestly, I'm not good at cooking,and having a child and husband which is a fussy eater (in their way), so I think we enough complete (haha). He can have a chicken sausage/french fries for breakfast, as dish for lunch and dinner. Can imagine that? Hergh. So when everytime I asked "nak makan lauk apa for today?" I already know the answer ;

"telur dadar"
"hotdog"

Everyone geleng kepala ;P







I heard your little footsteps running down the stairs. Along came your voice,
"Mommy, adik nak makan pinky apple."

Before I could do anything you were already at the fridge, taking out the apple. You climbed your favourite stool and grabbed the peeler.

Quickly I grabbed my camera!

Weeks ago, you were fascinated looking at me peeling some carrots. Amazed at what the peeler could do. Determined, you insisted on trying it out. I can still remember your sparkling eyes when you coaxed me to. I thought it was still early for you, but how could I say no. Your eyes lit up with so much anticipation.

And look at you now, peeling apple with style!







My little darling doing her stuff. Try to reach and grab anything that she can grab on the kitchen counter top. Look at her determination (toward food) haha. Love you dek!






"What's for breakfast, Khalish?"
"My special smoothie, mommy. "
"How special is it?"
"Very special. I mix soy milk, chilled water, strawberry, your protein formula, and a secret ingredient!"
"That sounds truly special. Hmmm, I'm extremely curious what the secret ingredient is."
"MY LOVE."

Ah, my little Chef Jiwang :)






The one who loves to get her hands messy.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP